We, The Canal City, care about your privacy and are committed to protect your personal data. This privacy statement will inform you how we handle your personal data, your privacy rights and how the law protects you. Please read this privacy statement carefully before using our Services.
Identifiable information is collected voluntarily, such as when the user:
- Sends personal information such as name, email id, telephone number, and city for information sharing about our products.
- Completes an online suggestions or complaints form.
- Applies for a job through our e-job service.
Some non-identifiable information is collected automatically while surfing our website or using smartphone applications, such as:
- The IP address you are using to access the website.
- The type of web browser used as well as the time and date of the visit.
- The pages you view on the website.
- Geographical location.
- To keep a record of registered users.
- To allow us to customize services based on users’ preferences.
- To collect internal statistics that help us serve the users better.
- To contact users in order to provide THE CANAL CITY news or information regarding up-coming events.
- Users’ information is never shared with any third parties unless it is required by law or to protect Canal City rights or properties.
Cookies are used to customize users visit and enhance the user surfing experience. It is possible to set most web browsers to reject cookies, accept, or delete these files. However, the refusal or removing cookies may obstruct your user experience.
Users of social media (e.g., Facebook.com, Twitter.com, LinkedIn.com, Instagram etc.) shall be respectful of the larger community by complying with the terms and policies of each Social Media Host.
Users are encouraged to contribute comments that are respectful and for further discussion on our social media pages, but users shall avoid making comments that might be considered Confrontational, Offensive, Discriminatory, Profane, Off-topic, Spam (i.e., unsolicited promotion of a third-party business), non-privacy-leading and Fake.
Information Security Controls
The Canal City has implemented appropriate controls to protect and safeguard the privacy of user’s personal information shared or collected by The Canal City.
Where appropriate, encryption methods are used to protect information, which is deemed sensitive, or any other data that should remain secure to meet Federal, Local or Canal City’s legal requirements.
Changes in Policy
Call us at: 0330 8114417 | 0335 5022235